Saturday, August 4, 2012

ATC Saturday: Fly

This is an ATC I made for a swap at swap-bot.
The theme is "birds".

This sweet little girl image reminds me of the illustrations in my kids' nursery rhyme books.  I confess that when it comes to children's books, I check the artwork first.  If the pictures aren't captivating, the book doesn't come home with me.  Here I've used only a portion of the stamp.  You can see the entire image here.

A rigid iron fence anchors this miniature scene, but the little girl's thoughts are soaring to the sky.

I began by stamping the background (find it here) in pale blue.  Next came the ironwork border, which I colored with metallic gold Prismacolors.

The swallows, and the dove were stamped directly over the background.  I stamped and colored just a portion of the little girl, then used a punch to cut out a small circle.  I distressed the circumference of the circle with blank ink before gluing it in place.

To finish the piece, I stamped the word "fly" using one of my most versatile alphas, LL762 Printer's Lower Case from Hero Arts. (This alpha is available elsewhere, too.)

Stamps Used: StampFrancisco (background), Beeswax (girl), Lost Coast Designs (grid iron border), Picture Show (swallows, dove).

No comments:

Post a Comment