Saturday, July 28, 2012

ATC Saturday: Dance

They make it look easy...
Happy Saturday!

We're all about the ballet today.

This image is in my stash because my daughter saw it at a convention when she was ten or so.

Now I have my own "for real" ballerinas--Holly and Laurel both started dancing on pointe a couple of years ago.  This ATC reminds me of them!

I stamped the two dancers, then masked them to add the third.  Purple was sponged on the background, and the floor was colored with grey Prismacolors.

Next the dancers were colored, and the sentiment added (Byron font printed onto a watercolor background).

The top seemed too empty, so I stamped some lace--sort of looks like stage curtains...it's feminine, anyway.  I toyed with adding ric-rac, actual lace, etc. but everything I tried over-powered the design.  Stamping was the way to go here.

Stamps Used:  StampFrancisco: ballerina,  Picture Show: lace

No comments:

Post a Comment