Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spring Cleaning

I've wanted an indexed catalog of my stamps for a long, long time and I am just now getting around to creating one.  I started with a stamp company's catalog, trying to recall which images I owned, but found that my memory wasn't so great.  I'd ask my daughters, "Do we have this one?" every five minutes or so.  They got annoyed!  So instead of trusting my memory (or theirs), I took photos of each drawer of stamps, the wall rack, and the binder pages (I will do a post on storage one of these days).  Armed with these  photographs of my stamps, I then turned again to the supply of old stamp catalogs that I could never bring myself to recycle.

It's been fun to revisit these old catalogs.  Sad though, to come across really excellent images that can no longer be purchased because the company went out of business.


Butterfly, flower, chicks: 100 Proof Press
Girl, small flowers: Leavenworth Jackson
Carved sunburst: TooMuchFun Rubberstamps
Alpha, dragonflies: Hero Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment