Sunday, April 29, 2012

ATC Saturday: Baby Chicks

This ATC features fluffly little baby chicks.  What could be sweeter?  The image is from Art Impressions.

For the upper portion, I stamped onto tracing paper then ripped the edges and glued it onto the ATC back.

For the lower scene, I stamped onto green cardstock, then again on yellow card stock.  I cut out the chickies from the yellow paper and glued them on top of their green counterparts.  I colored their beaks and dragged the edges of the green paper through a black ink pad.

I like the look and feel of this paper-piecing technique and use it often in my stamping projects.

On the upper panel there are rough edges and a lack of color.  On the bottom we see sharp, straight edges and bright colors.  Contrast--even on such a small scale--adds interest.


No comments:

Post a Comment