Saturday, April 21, 2012

ATC Saturday: Treasures of the Sea


This is one of the first ATCs I ever made.  I remember stressing over it a lot. Happily, making ATCs these days is a lot more fun.

I started with a beautiful blue paint chip, then added some swirly background paper that I designed in PhotoShop.

I made the paper tape seen at the top and bottom of the ATC using PhotoShop and a couple of free fonts (Treasure Map Deadhand, and Windings).

The string of pearls was stamped, then painstakingly cut out from standard white cardstock and glued into place.

The mermaid was stamped, colored, then stamped again directly on top of the original image (thank you, stamp positioner) with embossing ink.  Powder was applied and heated.  Seeing the powder transform and the colors pop is a lot of fun.  I cut the mermaid out, and fixed her into place.
Finally, a little bling was added in the form of sparkly faux stones.

No comments:

Post a Comment